Oil Pulling : A natural & Traditional Way Whitening

What is Oil Pulling? Oil pulling is an age-old remedy that uses natural substances to clean and detoxify teeth and gums. How to Do Oil Pulling: How to do oil pulling: Put 1-2 teaspoons of oil into the mouth. I prefer to use 2 teaspoons of organic coconut oil. Spit oil into the trash can. I swish a few times with warm water to get any remaining oil out of my mouth. Brush well. I personally do this with coconut oil and brushing blend each morning before breakfast. Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and has a milder taste that other oils and is my personal preference, though I’ve also seen it recommended by oral health experts. I’ve noticed whiter teeth since starting oil pulling, but most notably, my teeth are incredibly smooth! The most comprehensive resource I’ve seen on the topic is the book “Oil Pulling Therapy” by Dr. Bruce Fife. There are some scientific studies that support the benefits of oil pulling, including those showing its benefit on different types or oral bacteria, on dental caries, on plaque/gingivitis and on oral micro-organisms: TD Anand, C Pothiraj, RM Gopinath, et al. Effect of oil-pulling on dental caries causing bacteria. Effect of Oil Pulling on Plaque and Gingivitis. Journal of Oral Health & Community Dentistry: 2007 ;1(1):Pages 12-18 Effect of Oil-Pulling on Oral Microorganisms in Biofilm Models. Since I started using oil pulling while not pregnant, I feel comfortable continuing while pregnant, especially as oral health can decline during pregnancy, but I’d encourage anyone considering oil pulling to research it as well.